Our project portfolio has been built up over years working on global projects.
Please browse a sample per service area. We have also included relevant projects related to Operational Effectiveness which may be of interest.
- Defined and supported refinement of global strategic pillars and related programmes of work for B2C and B2B businesses.
- Supported CEO review for global B2B businesses, identifying specific actions to take forward.
- Defined trends, themes and strategic questions for head of strategy and to feed into annual strategic planning process.
- Critiqued investment proposals, developed corporate leadership team pre-reads and presentations.
- Re-defined and shorted strategic planning cycle to global corporate.
- Developed options for re-structuring of Global Strategy and Planning Group.
- Defined multi-year strategy for Shell China JV, reporting to China Chairman and JV CEO. Board approved strategy & roadmap sees 7 fold increase in NIAT.
- Led joint Shell/JV team of 5 in creating business model, brand strategy, target segmentation, geographic prioritisation, product positioning & architecture, channel & distributor strategy and defining and costing required enablers to deliver strategy & financial targets.
- Led eBusiness Strategy Review and Roadmap development for five of Shell’s lines of business.
- Created long term eBusiness strategy for major German retailer (including business model, product strategy, process definition and financial model).
- Developed brand strategy and interactive properties consolidation for global consumer brand.
- Developed Virgin.com vision as part of Virgin Board team – including framework for business and technology integration.
- Acted as external guide to internal management consulting groups – participated in engagements related to portfolio concentration, cost efficiency framework & actions, growth opportunity prioritisation.
Growth and Innovation
- Designed and helped implement an Innovation & New Offer Development Framework to enable $4bln business to meet its future growth targets. Gained buy-in to extend Innovation Framework (including intranet portal) to other business units.
- For Group Head of Innovation, developed Strategic Themes used to drive future organic growth.
- Led team in market, industry, competitor, and customer trends and business case development to support the creation of new business/product/service propositions to launch with.
- Developed Innovation Process for global corporate to better leverage technology innovation.
- Advised internal innovation group on innovation best practice.
- Led development and roll out of CO2 reduction product/service innovation.
- Led workshop to agree innovation programme challenges.
- Advised team on best practice and actions to improve innovation performance.
Merger & JV Integration and Divestments
- Integration/Transition Team for high profile multi US$bln M&A opportunity.
- Team designed and set-up approach used to both define the new, merged, company’s business architecture and to manage the transition towards it (strategy, organisation & people, process & SCM, technology, facilities & infrastructure, drilling & completion, operations, etc.).
- Led development and facilitation of a series of workshops in London, Dubai and Kuwait.
- Advisor – Post Merger Integration (PMI), capability improvement & change mgmt – Gained buy-in from Shell China Chairman to new PMI approach – Leveraging previous PMI experience to drive coordinated process, systems (SAP) & organisational improvements across the JV.
- Reported to both JV CEO and Shell China Chairman and gained full buy-in from the Chinese leadership team (CEO, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CFO) to new integration and capability improvement roadmap.
- For head of Asia business, advised on how to maximise group profit from China JV and standalone business (B2C and B2B) through greater coordination and execution of operational synergy options. Guided Shell internal consulting team resources.
- Ran Programme Management Office for $640mil divestment of Sweden and Finland businesses.
- Coordinated 15 workstreams across the divested businesses (refining & marketing) to carve out the countries from Shell (functions and offshore services all within new ERP) and to sell them as a going concern to the buyer (Keele Oy).
- Ensured robust project tracking, issue resolution, dependency management and challenge to the teams.
- Leveraged classic integration/carve out frameworks to ensure programme delivered to tight and changing schedule.
- Conducted Peer Reviews & Value Assurance Reviews (including on deal >$1bln.) where objective support was required.
- Developed global portfolio reporting of deals across the stages of the opportunity pipeline for Head of Global Portfolio.
- Led development of knowledge management framework to increase speed and success of deals.
- As part of strategic planning and quarterly CEO business reviews, advised on corporate wide balance scorecard.
- Developed index or metrics to determine and track level of digitisation of oil and gas major.
- Advised on corporate wide cost reduction framework.
- Devised reporting framework for opex and capex cost take out from divestment programme.
- Advisor to Global Programme Delivery Director (>US$100mil budget) and CIO.
- Intervened in several multi US$mil programmes (run by Accenture, IBM, Wipro) where programme turnaround and change management was required.
- Developed change management sourcing framework to enable closer IT/Business coordination.
- Client advisor for the definition and scaling-up of a shared service centre for oil and gas major. Centre used global delivery model with India.
- Engagement Manager – Led onsite/offshore team consisting of 4 separate consulting groups in the definition, planning, and set-up of a corporate shared service centre for regional telco.
- Led strategy stream in a multidisciplinary engagement to restructure Australian telco’s IT development and delivery organisation into new technology solution driven units.
- Advised on process and IT outsourcing/offshoring for several corporations. Accompanied clients on visits to Bangalore, India.
- Delivered projects using Global Delivery Model.